Zach

Brazil, Peru, Colombia

I have one week. Which country?

Hey everyone! I'm traveling to South America over December break anywhere between 7-10 days. I'm split between going to Brazil, Peru or Colombia. I'm a big foodie and love the nightlife / parties. I also love meeting locals and taking in the culture. Safety is a must. Which country + city/cities would you go to for the 7-10 days.

Felipe from Medellin

Is difficult to decide, I've been there and your three options are great places.

As a Colombian I will tell what to do in case you decide to visit this great country. I would recommend you to visit Medellin for 3 days really friendly people good party and a great place to meet the culture of the country. Then travel to the coast for 5 to 7 days, try Cartagena, is an incredible city with amazing restaurants and great places to party, the colonial city is more than good to have a beer, you will love the atmosphere, been there be sure to visit Isla del Rosario.

If you prefer eco turism, instead of Cartagena try Santa Marta and visit Tayrona National Natural Park.

Enjoy your trip.

1. Medellin (city)
  2. Isla del Rosario (attraction)
  3. Santa Marta (city)
  4. Tayrona National Natural Park (attraction)
  5. Cartagena (city)

Alex from Bogotá, Colombia

Colombia has everything you're looking for, particularly Cartagena. Only thing you should consider is that Cartagena gets crazy busy in New Years, so you should book ASAP if you want to find a good hotel. If you want to mix it up you can also go to Medellin

1. Colombia (country)
  2. Medellin (city)
  3. Cartagena (city)

Laura from Buenos Aires

Go to Brazil, you'll find everything you could possible look for there: great beaches, parties, great food, great people, great music. 

Bahia is beautiful but I love Rio de Janeiro, the city is great and you can go to nearby beaches like Ilha GrandeParaty or Buzios to spend a few days or just stay in Copacabana or Ipanema

1. Brazil (country)
  2. Bahia (city)
  3. Ilha Grande (city)
  4. Paraty (city)
  5. Buzios (city)
  6. Copacabana (city)
  7. Ipanema (city)
  8. Rio de Janeiro (city)

I would recommend Salvador Bahia in Brazil.

Brilliant night life and a very vibrant cultural scene and the food there is fantastic with an african touch to it too.

If the city get's too busy for you then you can easily hop on the high speed ferry to Morro de Sao Paulo where you have paradise beaches with samba reggae bars that parties in to the night 7 days a week.

1. Salvador Bahia (attraction)
  2. Morro de Sao Paulo (city)