Leah asked

From Salvador, Up or down...

I will be in brazil for three months, leaving in two weeks.
For now my plan was to travel up, from Salvador till natal. From there i would take another flight to Manaus to spend some time here with a friend before flying to fortaleza, from which i will depart back to holland.

Now i start to doubt. I have been to chapada diamantina, vale de capao, last year, and needless to say, it was an amazing experience.
This idea to travel up is mostly because i will team up with a friend who is really hooked on surf.
Personally i don't care about surf.

I'm interested is shamanism, eco-tourism, circus, music and animals.

Do you think that perhaps, it would make more sense for me to travel down instead of up?

Warm regards,
Leah

Brazil

I think traveling up is the right thing for you to do. Bahia is the place for spiritual experiences. And the north of Brazil is better than the south when it comes to Animals. I would suggest a place like Jijoca de Jericoacoara if our friend is in to surfing and you like nature. Jeri is really a spectacular place in terms of nature and has a good surf.