Lisa
Norman, Oklahoma

Branson

Fun places to go in Branson

Will be in Branson, Missouri, August 7-8.  What are some fun must-do and see things?

Rob from Branson

Hey Lisa! I guess this answer might be coming to you a little late, but as they say... better late than never, right?  

To start, you'll want to check out Silver Dollar City if you get the chance. It's an 1880's-style theme park, one of the top 10 theme parks in the world--the food is incredible (Molly's Mill is my favorite) and you could easily spend an entire day or more there. Also spend a day on or around Table Rock Lake if you get the chance--hiking/biking trails, boat rentals, rope swings, bluff jumping, parasailing... you name it. 
There's also the Branson Landing and downtown area, filled with shops, stores and restaurants--even a big fire/water show on the town square every hour. Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour and The Track Family Fun Parks are also popular attractions too. But of course, no trip to Branson is complete without seeing a show. Paul Harris, SIX, and Jonah are some great ones.

Also, if you like coffee shops, there's a small cafe in downtown Hollister (Missouri) called Vintage Paris that serves great espresso, coffees, teas and wines. There's another one in Branson called Sugar Leaf Treats, too. They're both popular among locals.

If you'd like any more ideas, let me know and I'd love to share more!

Happy traveling!
-Rob

1. Silver Dollar City (city)
  2. Table Rock (city)
  3. Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour (attraction)
  4. The Track Family Fun Parks (attraction)
  5. Hollister (Missouri) (city)
  6. Vintage Paris (restaurant)
  7. Sugar Leaf Treats (restaurant)

JonMarla

Silver Dollar City which is a theme park, but also an actual city with an actual post office.  It is built upon southern values, food, and fun!  There is even a cave which starts in the theme park, goes miles underground which you can walk through, and then come out inside the theme park again.  Silver Dollar City is an amazing theme park that I have grown up going to over my youth and adulthood.  But if you want a really great experience, come during the Christmas, where there are more lights than you could imagine in one place.  
Also, if you like to shop, then Branson Landing Boulevard is an amazing choice. 

1. Silver Dollar City (city)
  2. Branson Landing Boulevard (attraction)

Angie from Conway

If you have kids White Water is a fun place to go in August!

1. White Water (attraction)

Chris from Wichita

Looks like you have kids.  My girls really like the Chinese Acrobats, SIX, and the magic of Rick Thomas(awesome).