Valerie asked

Best route from.sw nd to gatlinburg tn

Planning a road trip in oct for our 10 year anniversary. Returning to honeymoon spot, but with covid and 2 kids we are driving and not flying this go around. We have planned 2 days of driving. Any suggestions on stops?
Also my kids are from nd, where our nearest Walmart is 1.5 hour away....so they can sit for hours in a car! We are used to driving here

Bowman (North Dakota) Gatlinburg (Tennessee)   Sioux Falls (South Dakota)

Make sure you travel with a case of water. You should plan to spend the night in Kansas City, MO. Stay on the SE side of the city. Just because you have your kids drive long hours, does not mean they are adults. I recommend stop 5 minutes/hour. This is a long, hot drive in 2 days. If you leave at 4am, travel is easier. Travel around Gatlinburg is never easy. I use Hotwire.com while traveling to pick a place on the way.