Liv
Cape Cod

Boulder

Where to dine après-ski???

My husband and I are leaving the kids at home to attend a winter wedding in Boulder and make a little mini-2nd honeymoon of it afterwards. We are serious skiers, in fact, my husband actually tried out for the Olympics in the early 90s, and so naturally we’re going to that but I’d love to know some romantic, après-ski places to either eat or just have a drink. Doesn’t have to be that inexpensive since we don’t do this a lot and want to treat ourselves. Edited to add: we'll be skiing at the Eldora Mountain Resort!

Jillian from Los Angeles

This sounds like such a fun trip!

For a romantic dinner, absolutely treat yourselves to the family owned restaurant, Flagstaff House. It's about 5 minutes from Boulder and built into the mountainside with stunning views. They have a great wine list, speciality cocktails and a tasty menu. It's a little pricer, but will definitely make for a special night.

If you like seafood, one of my favorite restaurants in Boulder is Jax Fish House Boulder on Pearl Street. Sip on some champagne or enjoy a martini while treating yourselves to fresh oysters! 

And for next time, if you ever plan a trip to Beaver Creek, take a snow cat up the mountain for dinner at Beano's Cabin. It's wonderful.

1. Flagstaff House (attraction)
  2. Jax Fish House Boulder (restaurant)
  3. Beaver Creek (city)
  4. Beano's Cabin (restaurant)

Liz from Denver

SALT the Bistro in Boulder is fantastic.  I haven't been in a while, so I can't direct you toward anything in particular, but their menu rotates seasonally as much of their selection is local & I can attest it is typically delicious! They also have tons of local craft beers (something you must try when visiting Colorado) & truly spectacular cocktails.  I've also heard wonderful things about  The Kitchen, which also has some attachments (Next Door & Upstairs), but I have never been.   In my opinion, SALT Bistro is not to be missed - make a reservation just to be safe. 

1. SALT the Bistro (restaurant)
  2. The Kitchen (restaurant)

Jeff Mac from Boulder

Lots of great suggestions here including The KitchenFrasca Food and Wine, but one missing that we love for a special night out is Black Cat for a great farm-to-table experience.  Also, if you have a break from wedding festivities for a casual lunch, try Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

1. The Kitchen (restaurant)
  2. Frasca Food and Wine (restaurant)
  3. Black Cat (restaurant)
  4. Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery (restaurant)

Best restaurant in Boulder is Frasca Food and Wine.  Also love a French bistro called Brasserie Ten TenBrasserie Ten Ten-fun cocktails!.  If you like shared plates, The Mediterraneanis a great place too.

1. Frasca Food and Wine (restaurant)
  2. Brasserie Ten Ten (restaurant)
  3. The Mediterranean (restaurant)

Mark from Denver

Beau Jo's Pizza!  Not necessarily romantic, but the pizza is awesome and it was always an after-ski tradition.  They are in a town along I-70 called Idaho Springs.  Not a quick in and out - plan on an hour long+ wait on Saturday nights. http://www.beaujos.com 

1. Beau Jo's Pizza (restaurant)
  2. Idaho Springs (city)

Laurie from Denver

Kinda need to know when you will be coming and where you are planning to ski?!?!  Vail is amazing, as is Aspen for romance...  I am most familiar with the Vail/Beaver Creek area.  Let me know if these are in your radar!  Seriously you can ski Vail for 3 days and never hit the same place twice!  Enjoy!

Where are you going skiing and do you want to après-ski in the ski village area, en route back to Boulder or in Boulder itself?