Kenneth
Portland

Kenneth from Portland asked

Best Mexican food in Boulder?

Will be traveling to Boulder this summer, and I love me some burritos and all around good Mexican food. I'd like the best quick options, as well as any of the classic sit down spots. Thanks!

Boulder (Colorado)

Poogie from Las Vegas

Best Mexican food Efrains II Mexican Food Restaurant location is in Boulder

Best Mexican food Efrain's Mexican Restaurante & Cantina which is the original location, wonderful family ran business, not as nice a building as the Boulder and Longmont locations but we loved it.  We lived in Erie and ate here a lot.

If you don't mind driving a little further try excellent Mexican food Hacienda Colorado

I'd drive for Mexican food!

Kenneth
Awesome. Thank you Poogie!

Jillian from Los Angeles

Illegal Pete's is a must. My favorite part is they mix all of the goodness up in their burritos, so every bite is amazing. The location on the "hill" is probably my favorite.

For a sit down dinner (or drinks on the rooftop), you can't go wrong with Rio Grande for authentic Mexican, but watch out the margaritas are strong! I actually think they only allow you to have two. :)

Kenneth
I'll have to check out this Illegal Pete's business and the salt on that margarita looks awesome. Thank you!

1. Illegal Pete's (restaurant)
  2. Rio Grande (restaurant)
Phil from San Francisco

Illegal Petes is great and has two locations in Boulder. There's an Illegal Pete's on the hill, and Illegal Pete's on Pearl Street. A unique twist on burritos. They mix up all the ingredients for you. Get the queso. 

Kenneth
I like the sound of that name. Thank you Phil!

1. Illegal Pete's (restaurant)
  2. Illegal Pete's (restaurant)
Tiana from Florence

Centro Latin Kitchen & Refreshment Palace has a great scene, food and drinks. Right on Pearl St.

Kenneth
Thank you Tiana!