Kelly
Massachusetts

Kelly from Massachusetts asked

Parking near Coolidge Corner

Can someone help me find good, cheap form of parking near Coolidge Corner? Any help appreciated.  

Boston (Massachusetts)

Nars from Boston

Sean from Hudson Valley

Hi Kelly,

I worked in Coolidge Corner or twenty years.  Fortunately, the place I worked had it's own parking lot.  Even still, as the business grew it became so crowded that public transportation was a more attractive option.

My advise to you is to venture into some of the neighborhoods just off of Beacon Street.  Some of those on the south side of Beacon Street (to the right, as you're heading inbound) have unrestricted parking.  Still, you'd better watch for "Resident Permit" signs.  Sometimes I'd park there when going to Fenway Park.  Come to think of it, even if I'd gotten a ticket it probably would have been cheaper than parking near Fenway.

Believe it or not, with a little patience, you might be able to score on street parking.  Just keep in mind, most of these cannot be used or overnight parking.

Finally, there is a public lot off Harvard Ave, near the Coolidge Corner Cinema.  I don't have any idea what it costs, though. 

If you're really stuck, you might want to ask at the Brookline Town Hall.   Their number is 617 730-2000.

1. Coolidge Corner (attraction)
  2. Beacon Street (attraction)
  3. Fenway Park (attraction)
  4. Brookline Town Hall (attraction)
Barry

There is no free parking near Coolidge Corner (or in most of Boston for that matter). There are, however, three parking lots adjacent to Coolidge Corner. One of them is  behind the theatre -- you'll see signs how to get to it from Harvard Ave. There is a smaller lot kind of behind the stores on the other side of the street. You get there from  Babcock Street. There are parking spots on Beacon Street. These lots are good  because you can use a credit card.

Greg from Old Saybrook, Connecticut

where are you driving in from?

Kelly
Peabody