David
Chester (England)

Boston

Luggage on the T from Logan Airport to downtown

Hi, will be arriving in Boston from the UK on the 26th August and are staying downtown in the Omni Parker hotel.  I can see this is pretty close to the Government Center T station but was wondering how practical it is to use the T with luggage?  We are a family of three (no young children) so will have the usual cabin bag/small rucksack plus pull along suitcase each.

Or should I be looking at alternatives ways to get to the hotel?  I have read some pretty horrendous stories about some of the shuttle services.

Thanks in advance.  Dave

Joan from Boston

Dave, The T is very easy to use from the airport, and not an issue with luggage. Take the airport shuttle bus to the Airport Blue Line station, then get off at Government Center (4 stops). The Omni Parker House is only 1 block away, an easy walk (Tremont Street, then left on School Street). I take the T from the airport all the time. Enjoy your visit!

1. Government Center (attraction)
  2. Omni Parker House (attraction)
  3. Tremont Street (attraction)
  4. School Street (attraction)

Austin

Using the T to get there from the airport will be a headache

Austin

I would use uber or lyft.

R A from Boston

Agree with Joan--the T is fine, your bags have wheels, the Government Center stop has escalators and is within a block of the Parker House.  No worries about getting jammed in tunnel traffic.  Once you get into town, your hotel is wonderfully situated for walking the whole city.

1. Government Center (attraction)