Jp
Bend

Boston

Family of 4 ( w/ two & Four yr. old) Airport to Hotel

We are a family of 4 ( w/ two & Four yr. old). This will be our 1st time in Boston. We know our options are Public transport and Taxi. 

We will not have our car seats, so I believe Taxi's are out. 

How easy is it to  purchase tickets and navigate public transport. Will it be awkward carrying luggage on Public Transport? We will be traveling from Portland Oregon so will be tired... any suggestions on the easiest and quickest way to our destination?  Google maps gives several options, but I am not sure which is best.

Route: Logan Airport  to Residence Inn- Boston Harbor

Please include any tips or tricks on riding the "T" (especially with kids).

Kathleen from Boston, Massachusetts

Your hotel is located in the neighborhood of Charlestown. There are no convenient subway stations. From downtown, there are 2 local bus routes with stops near the hotel -- Routes 92 and 93.  

I agree with the advise to take the water taxi -- it's close and your kids should love it. 

You will be staying right along the Freedom Trail. There are lots of things to do. 

Enjoy your trip.

1. Charlestown (neighborhood)

Dormar from Boston

Take the water taxi! Driving in Boston (with or without car seats) for people unfamiliar with the city is a Big No!

Rick from Boston

There's a water taxi that'll get you to the Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Rowes Wharf Water Taxi 

www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/ 

Exclusive shuttle service between Logan International Airport and Rowes Wharf in just 8 minutes! 

Cara from Boston

Public transportation with young children AND jet lag will be hard. I'd call uber to get to your hotel.  In addition to the sites mentioned, I'd be sure to check out Max Brenner's chocolate restaurant in the Back Bay as well as the duckling statue in the Garden. Have fun!

1. Max Brenner (attraction)

Sondra from Canada

I agree with Nars, ask your hotel for a pick up and ask about car seats. check into renting a car at the airport with 2 car seats and drop off in Boston? 

I visited Boston almost yearly when mt children were young - must go to Boston Children's Museum and the New England Aquarium. If you are all walkers, you can walk to these locations. You will also be near Faneuil Hall- the most amazing food court, stores AND outdoor entertainment- jugglers, etc. my kids still talk about their time in Boston. 

Have a great time.

1. Boston Children's Museum (attraction)
  2. New England Aquarium (attraction)
  3. Faneuil Hall (attraction)

Nars from Boston

I think public transportation is going to be painful with a 2 and 4-year old (airport shuttle + 2 trains + walk). You should see if the hotel can pick you up. Have a good trip.