Andreas
Manhattan

Boston, Massachusetts

Date night in Boston, what restaurants can't be missed?

I've been to Boston before but never dove into the food scene. What are some great date night restaurants? I tend to avoid loud, packed places so anywhere that is on the quieter side with a fun ambiance would be great.

Aaron from Ithaca

A bit biased, but my friend's uncle's restaurant, Picco is a great neighborhood spot for thin crust pizza, dessert and drinks. It's in the South End of Boston near the theatre district.  Here is their info from Google:

1. Casual, welcoming neighborhood pick for thin-crust pizzas, homemade ice cream, wine & beer.
  2. Address: 513 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116
  3. Phone:(617) 927-0066

4. Hours: Monday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm Tuesday11:00 am – 10:00 pm Wednesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm Thursday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm Friday11:00 am – 11:00 pm Saturday11:00 am – 11:00 pm Sunday11:00 am – 10:00 pm

5. Menu: piccorestaurant.com

1. Picco (restaurant)

David from Ithaca, New York

If you're near Harvard Square, the Beat Hôtel (aka Beat Brasserie) is a perfect date restaurant. 

1. Harvard Square (neighborhood)
  2. Beat Hôtel (aka Beat Brasserie) (restaurant)

Flor from Massachusetts

For a great intimate date night, I would suggest going to Pomodoro restaurant in the North End of Boston. Its very small, only accommodating about 10 people and the ambiance is romantic, but not too stuffy. The food is amazing and diverse, filled with local ingredients and scratch made sauces and pastas. Then take a short 2 minute walk to Modern Pastry for dessert. I recommend the cannolis and the lobster tails. They are the size of my head and only $5! They just moved to a bigger location where you can sit down and enjoy your pastries with a fresh espresso or cappuccino. The North End has lots of little pastry shops, cigar shops, and Italian eateries for a nice stroll and people watching. These by far are my two favorite places. 

1. Pomodoro (restaurant)
  2. Modern Pastry (restaurant)

Jeff from Boston, Massachusetts

If you're really into food and don't mind date night on a Sunday, check out the Chef's Whim 4 or 6 course meal at Craigie On Main. Just make a reservation for 9pm on any Sunday. You never know what's going to show up, but it's always good.

1. Craigie On Main (restaurant)

Margo from Massachusetts

Best North End is Mamma Maria

1. Mamma Maria (restaurant)

James from Boston

I hesitate to even answer this because you will want to go, and you will discover it packed (it's a small place) and you will be mad at me, and the Beacon Hill locals who love this place as their own will be mad at me for sending you, but for the perfect Boston date in a cozy place on a charming small street (but still the Bruins or Celtics or Sawx game on the TV above the perfectly charming bar) go to 75 Chestnut and you will forever thank me.

1. 75 Chestnut (restaurant)

Nicolette from New York City

There are a lot of cozy restaurants in the South End. It's a fun, quiet area where mostly locals roam (so you can easily avoid loud, crowded areas). lived in the South End for a few years, and really loved the choices of restaurants. Favorites included Butcher ShopStephi's on TremontButcher Shop and Kitchen

1. South End (neighborhood)
  2. Butcher Shop (restaurant)
  3. Stephi's on Tremont (restaurant)
  4. Kitchen (restaurant)

Abbie from Kingston, Rhode Island

I would definitely go to the North End. You can browse all the menus on the street and pick the one that best fits you.

1. North End (neighborhood)