Rose
Oakland, California

Bordeaux, France

Wine weekend in Bordeaux: what wineries should I visit?

My friend and I are going to Bordeaux for the weekend. Does anyone have suggestions for wineries/vineyards? Also fun things to do in the area?

Hélène

Saint-Émilion is definitely an interesting place to go, the medieval village is very unique. In Saint Emilion you can visit some wineries that have invested in very modern and architecturally interesting cellars such as Chateau Faugères with its "cathedral" cellars designed by Mario Botta.

If you like spas and can afford it, you can go to Caudalie at Château Smith Haut Lafitte. You might know this brand, here you can find their spa using only grape-related products.

Then of course I would suggest Fronsac, Gironde and Canon France because that's where I am from :). There you will find a lot of small family-owned wineries, and the landscapes are hilly and really beautiful. You can picnic somewhere in the vineyard. Feel free to come visit our winery (www.vignoblesponty.com) , we will be happy to have you over for a tasting!

1. Saint-Émilion (attraction)
  2. Chateau Faugères (restaurant)
  3. Château Smith Haut Lafitte (restaurant)
  4. Fronsac, Gironde (attraction)
  5. Canon France (attraction)

Carmel from Gold Coast, Queensland

Definitely head to the beautiful medieval town of Saint-Émilion and surrounding Vineyards

1. Saint-Émilion (attraction)