Stefano
Corvara

Boracay Island, Philippines

Boracay in mid October

I would like to know if it makes sense to travel to Boracay in mid October. I know that it is not the best time of the year but I read that it can be ok. Any advice?

Katharina from Hong Kong

I went to Boracay Island last year mid of October for a week and we had a good mixture of windy and sunny days. If you like kite surfing, October is definitely a great time as you have some good winds. But even if you don't like surfing, there is plenty of other activities. I for example did my diving license back then and still had enough days to spend at the beach.

The photos are from our vacation on October last year:

1. Boracay Island (attraction)

Karlo from Philippines

Hey Stefano,

It's alright to travel to Boracay all year round. Yes, October isn't the best time since wind creates some waves. So if you're looking for still waters like what you normally see on photos, there's a chance you wont get that. Rainy season has just ended by this time but still can be rainy since it's tropical. None-the-less, you can still enjoy Boracay since there's lots to do there and the sand stays white as it is :)

Pie from Philippines

Hi Stefano,

Yes its possible. I suggest to be updated with the weather follow dost_pagasa via twitter - they give up-to-date weather info.

If you don't like too much crowd, you will feel a different Boracay Island, beautiful nonetheless.

I went to Boracay in the latter part of June (wet/rainy season) and I still had a gorgeous sunset, strolled on two beaches - White Beach de Boracay from station 1 to 2 (there are 3 stations) then the other side which is Bulabog Beach. I wanted to go to Puka Beach but too little time. and it did not rain - I guess it was a perfect time since there were no typhoons. 

enjoy! :)

1. Boracay Island (attraction)
  2. White Beach de Boracay (hotel)
  3. Bulabog Beach (attraction)

Tiffy from Philippines

October is the tail end of the typhoon/rainy season in the Philippines. It could be rainy or sunny.

I've experienced being in Boracay Island on a rainy day (light rain). It is still beautiful and the beach shore still looks magical. You just need to avoid water and sports activities if it's raining hard.

1. Philippines (attraction)
  2. Boracay Island (attraction)

Melissa from Metro Manila

Boracay is beautiful, regardless if it's monsoon season or not. And there are tons of benefits to going there during the off-peak season, the beach isn't so crowded and far better rates for accommodations are just some I can think of. Cheers!