Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Bondi?

I'm going to be in Bondi next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Bondi

Karina from Terrigal, New South Wales, Australia

Hi Katie - Bondi Beach is amazing... plenty to do and see on the cheap if you try hard enough. Bondi farmers markets are on every saturday, and artisan markets every sunday. We have the most beautiful coastal walk from bondi to Coogee that takes about two hours... Plenty of yoga studios around, but if you want to do one with a difference I recommend yoga by the sea, which is overlooking the beach! 

Karina
One more thing I though of.. If you have some friends head to clovelly bowls for lawn bowls with a view, they are right on a cliff over the ocean!

1. Bondi Beach (metro area)
  2. Coogee (city)
Wilfried

Hi Katie,

Here some free possibilities:

• Running barefoot along the entire beach.
  • Enjoy the beautiful coastline by walking the Bondi Beach to Coogee coast walk.
  • Watch the wale watching boats out on the see and try to spot a beautiful wale (in the winter month).
  • Bring some meat, salad, plates and cutlery along and use one of the free BBQs in the little park directly on the northern end of Bondi beach and prepare your own dinner while watching the sunset on one of the most wonderful beaches of the world.
  • Watch some backpackers trying to learn surfing (really funny).

1. Bondi Beach (metro area)
  2. Coogee (city)