Linas
Toronto

Linas from Toronto asked

Favorite restaurants you ate at in Bologna?

Does anyone have any suggestions for eating in Bologna, Italy? My wife and I have some ideas for eating some traditional fare, tortellini in particular, but are not sure of what else. Any suggestions for dinner? Budget isn't a huge concern, but less than 100 Euros total would be ideal. Thanks!

Bologna   Italy

Nina from Siena

Trattoria Meloncello or Il Cannone (not in the center). Otherwise in the center Ristorante Donatello or Trattoria da Pietro

1. Trattoria Meloncello (restaurant)
  2. Il Cannone (restaurant)
  3. Ristorante Donatello (restaurant)
  4. Trattoria da Pietro (restaurant)
Paul from Dublin

The best meal I had in two visits to Bologna was at Vicolo Colombina. It's down a small lane at the side of the duomo in the centre of Bologna.

They do brilliant versions of classic dishes. The Tagliatelle al Ragu & Lasagnetta with guinea fowl were divine.

1. Vicolo Colombina (attraction)

Hi Linas,

You are in for a treat! Bologna has some of the best restaurants in Italy. In fact it is easier to find a great restaurant than a bad one there! I loved Ristorante Al Sangiovese (and it's really popular with Italians so arrive early or book in advance) Ristorante Meoli is also really good. I haven't eaten at Ristorante I Carracci yet but my friend recommended it highly. It's a little more expensive than the other two but your budget of €50 each will buy you some fine food in Bologna.

1. Bologna (city)
  2. Ristorante Al Sangiovese (restaurant)
  3. Ristorante Meoli (restaurant)
  4. Ristorante I Carracci (restaurant)