Kathryn

Bolivia

Top 5 cities/ locations to visit for a two week trip as solo female

I'm heading to Bolivia as a solo 20-something female.  I hate tours.  Would love to know top 5 cities/ locations to visit while staying on a budget.  Would also like to know what to budget for a BUDGET trip. Thanks. 

Jennifer from Bozeman

I traveled in Bolivia by myself and found it very easy! You'll meet lots of other travelers. A lot of the sights you'll see in Bolivia do require a tour, but they are for the dirt-bag backpackers, not the elite. :) Some of my favorites:  La Paz - bike the World's Most Dangerous Road with Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking. (It's a tour, but trust me it's dirty, real, and not cheesy;)  Potosi (Bolivia) - visit a silver mine. It's a little dangerous but extremely eye-opening and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Go on a salt flat tour! Take a 4x4 and go on a three day trip. The sight-seeing is amazing! And then head over to  Lake Titicaca and visit Isla del Sol. Everywhere you go, you might be able to work at a hostel for free stay. Check out  Adventure Brew Hostel  in La Paz- that's where I worked for free nights' stay. Staying on a budget is pretty easy, but be cautious of the street food; I had food poisoning twice.

1. La Paz (city)
  2. Potosi (Bolivia) (city)
  3. Adventure Brew Hostel (attraction)
  4. Lake Titicaca (region)

Rick from La Paz

Hi, i am Bolivian, so i'd say La Paz, Uyuni, Tarija, Rurrenabaque(the Rainforest) and Cochabamba or Santa Cruz (Bolivia)

Cheers

1. La Paz (city)
  2. Uyuni (city)
  3. Tarija (city)
  4. Rurrenabaque (city)
  5. Cochabamba (attraction)
  6. Santa Cruz (Bolivia) (city)

paula

Hi! not where would you go to Bolivia .... if it is from Peru itinerary, may be Copacabana, on the edge of Lake TiticacaLake Titicaca, and from there go to La Paz, from La Paz down to Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosí, BoliviaUyuni, town head for the impressive Salar de Uyuni or go to Cochabamba .
Bolivia is generally cheaper to eat, there are hostels of all kinds, is very quaint and super friendly people.
have to get used to the height especially in La Paz and Potosi 4000 meters above sea level are felt, sold some pills which are called "sorochipil" which help a lot to overcome the discomfort, another way is to take you to coke.
Can unite all the cities in buses, not bought online must go to the same bus terminals, some paths may take a little more of what they have established.
if you want to know a little more about each place, let me know, I've been here 3 times and love it!
regards

1. Cochabamba (city)
  2. La Paz (city)
  3. Lake Titicaca (region)
  4. Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosí, Bolivia (city)