Carlos
Mexico

Bogota

What to do with 24 Hours in Bogota?

Hi everyone,

Next weekend I'm going to have 24 free hours in Bogota and I'd like to know what I have to see.

I'll be arriving on Sunday July 19th at 7:30 pm and leaving on Monday the 20th at 9 pm, so I'll have Sunday evening and all of Monday to enjoy the city. I'll be staying in the Chicó Norte neighborhood.

I have three main questions:

1. Where should I go out on Sunday night after I get to my hotel? I've heard that nearby El Pedregal has good nightlife. Any places you'd recommend for a Sunday night?

2. What area(s) of the city should be my priority to visit on Monday? Is there a hop-on hop-off bus that would allow me to do a circuit of the city and see the main sights?

3. What and where to eat?

Thanks in advance!

Cristian from Bogotá, Colombia

Hi Carlos. 

First of all I want to say it's great you're going to be for a day in my beautiful city; I hope you like very much. unfortunately because Sunday is not that much to do in the city at that time, because everybody sleeps early because it has to go work the next day. The good news is that Monday July 20th is a public holiday, as we celebrate our independence and therefore not working. Sunday July 19 I recommend going to the famous T Zona (Zona Rosa), which is located on 85th Street between races 12 and 10, is one of the best areas of the city for nightlife. The advantage is that you have left near where you'll be staying, so a Taxi will charge no more than 4 USD to take you to that area, or if you prefer you can go walking.

On Monday July 20 there are several shows in the city, because it is the celebration of our independence. To start I suggest you go to Ferretería Monserrate in the morning, and I highly recommend breakfast there. Then if you want you can go to the Simón Bolívar Park (the largest park in the city) and watch the air show there will be, or if you prefer, you can go to Plaza de Bolívar and meet the presidential palace, the city hall, the courthouse step and stay to watch some of the military shows to be that day.

If you need anything, we will gladly help you. I hope the pass very well that day.

1. Zona Rosa (attraction)
  2. Ferretería Monserrate (attraction)
  3. Simón Bolívar Park (attraction)
  4. Plaza de Bolívar (attraction)

Hello Carlos! El domingo que llega a Bogota vaya directo a la Calle 85 y zona t ambas estan super cerca y cuentan con restaurants y bares buenisimos. Yo acabo de estar por alla y me encanto. Le recomiendo varios lugares como la Central Cevicheria, La Brasserie, Bogota Beer Company en la 85. En la Zona T le recomiendo Andrés D.C.,  un lugar unico que NO se puede perder por nada y la comida es riquisima y muy colombiana. Sino quiere ir a esta zona que tiene mucha vida, musica, baile, bares, etc., puede irse a Andres Carne de Res en Chia, pero mi primera recomendacion es la Zona T. Para el lunes puede dedicarse a visitor el Cerro Monserrate, o la Plaza de Bolívar que cuenta con muchos museos como el Gold Museum y el de Donación Botero. Otras opciones muy diferentes son Usaquen.  y La Candelaria . La catedral de sales Hermosa pero es un poco largo y es que un dia es muy poco y estoy segura que va a querer regresar. Yo disfruto mucho de esta ciudad.

Espero le sirva! Algunas fotos del lugar. Saludos.

1. Bogota (city)
  2. Calle 85 (attraction)
  3. zona t (restaurant)
  4. Andrés D.C. (attraction)
  5. Andres Carne de Res (attraction)
  6. Monserrate (attraction)
  7. Plaza de Bolívar (attraction)
  8. Gold Museum (attraction)
  9. Donación Botero (attraction)
  10. Usaquen (attraction)
  11. La Candelaria (attraction)
  12. catedral de sal (attraction)