Amy

Bogota

What are the best restaurants in Bogata?

What are the best restaurants in Bogata for Columbian food?

Erick from Sonoma County

If you want authentic and good Colombian food do not head to Andres Carne de Res. It was good when it first was about but has lost its feel since it has become so popular. It was not even given a good review from AFAR magazine (http://www.afar.com/magazine/bogota-begins-again).

I would recommend Zona Gourmet. My ex used to live in the area. There environment is very nice and the food is amazing. The problem is that the food is not "authentic" Colombian food. You will find a lot of gourmet foods from around the world and some Colombian Parillas. 

If you want a some good authentic Colombian food you should visit Usaquen area of Bogota. There you can find some Ajiaco a soup very common in Bogota region. 

Also the markets in Bogota offer some great fresh fruits and vegetables as well as some cocinas. One I like is Plaza De Mercado Las Ferias but it the environment can be a bit rough for some people. You could also check out Plaza De Mercado De Paloquemao which is bit cleaner of an area.

Edit:

Forgot to mention La Macarena yet another foodie zone of Bogota (the city is designed for foodies). Restaurante la Frontera is very popular but I have never eaten there myself. 

My favorite place is Di Lucca near Calle 85 near BOG Hotel where you were thinking of staying before. Great Italian style food, but definitely not Colombian authentic.

1. Andres Carne de Res (attraction)
  2. Zona Gourmet (restaurant)
  3. Usaquen (attraction)
  4. Plaza De Mercado Las Ferias (restaurant)
  5. Plaza De Mercado De Paloquemao (restaurant)
  6. La Macarena (attraction)
  7. Restaurante la Frontera (restaurant)
  8. Di Lucca (restaurant)
  9. BOG Hotel (hotel)

"

Definitivamente Andres Carne de Res. You must visit this one of a kind, exquisite restaurant! The quirky decoration and ambiance are unique. There are a few locations in Bogota but I highly recommend that you plan a dinner at the one located in Chia. Famous for its range of steaks, you must try their "bandeja paisa", "empanadas" or the many local dishes they offer. Let me share two pics from my family album.

Saludos!

1. Andres Carne de Res (attraction)
  2. Bogota (city)
  3. Chia (attraction)

Claudia from Jacksonville

1. Las Acacias Restaurante (restaurant)
  2. Restaurante Asadero Rancho Boyacense (restaurant)