Yvo
Curacao

Bogota, Colombia

Top things to do around Bogota, Colombia with a family?

By the beginning of April we're planning a trip with 2 families together including 5 kids (5 to 12y). What are nice and adventurous things to do and 'must sees' when we stopping over in Bogota for a couple of days?

Rasto from Edmonton

ZipaquiraGuatavitaChoachíI agree, Museo del Oro (Gold Museum) is must to do when in Bogota. I'm sure your kids will enjoy ride by cable car to Monserrate too. I have a nice pics collection and YT video from Museo del Oro and Bogota so check out the links below if you want. Near by attractions would be Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira and legendary lake Guatavita where legend of Gold King originates. For more adveturous, I would recommend hike to Cascada la Chorrera, but this might not be for your 5y old. I did it on my own, but I know there are travel agencies in Bogota doing trip to the falls.

Sightseeing Bogota (pics)

Museo del Oro (video)

Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira (pics)

Laguna Guatavita (pics)

Laguna Guatavita (video)

Cascada la Chorrera (pics)

1. Zipaquira (city)
  2. Guatavita (city)
  3. Choachí (city)

Maria from Bogotá, Colombia

There is a shopping mall called Santafé Shopping Center inside the shopping mall there is a play center called Divercity. It is like a little town for children. Maybe the little ones will like it more. 

Panaca Sabana is a big petting zoo but with all kids of farm animals

1. Santafé Shopping Center (attraction)
  2. Panaca Sabana (attraction)

CAMILO from Colombia

- Andrés D.C.

-catedral de sal

-Monserrate

-La Candelaria (for walking old city)

-VILLA DE LEYVA- 3 hours from Bogota (beautiful)

1. Andrés D.C. (attraction)
  2. catedral de sal (attraction)
  3. Monserrate (attraction)
  4. La Candelaria (attraction)
  5. VILLA DE LEYVA (restaurant)

Risa from San Francisco

We just returned from Colombia and Ecuador last night! My favorite thing to do in Bogota was take the cable car up and the other "train" ( I forget the name) down the Monserrate mountain. Or, if the kids need to burn off energy they could all make the climb! Don't hesitate to take the city bus, the Milenium to your destinations. It's a true Bogota experience, and should not be missed. Just walking around the city is fabulous, but don't miss the Gold Museum. It's world class! We actually spent 2 days and took tons of photos.  And, most importantly, don't miss the Crepe and Waffle chain that has amazing desserts (and lunches too, if needed). It is well worth supporting this chain as I was told they only hire single mothers! Enjoy your adventure. VILLA DE LEYVAin my opinion, is highly over-rated. It is pretty countryside, but not worth the long journey. How much time do you have in Colombia? The small town of Salento with the wax palms and a great hike is well worth the trip! Also, a huge botanical  garden in Armenia close by has an amazing butterfly area and bird observation spot that is truly fun! To get to the wax palm hike you climb into a jeep for a 30 minute ride that the kids would love....Enjoy!

1. Colombia (attraction)
  2. Ecuador (attraction)
  3. Bogota (city)
  4. Monserrate (attraction)
  5. Gold Museum (attraction)
  6. VILLA DE LEYVA (restaurant)
  7. Salento (city)

Jane from Golden (Colorado)

Sign up with Bike Bogata for an awesome and informative guided bike tour to the open market, red light area, graffiti, cemetery and public monuments. Walk up the trail on the mountain right out of downtown to the church at the top.

Bianca from Miami

I'd go with the Museo de los niños and the Maloka Centro Interactivo, learn about botany in the Bogotá Botanical Garden or just simply run around and play in the grassy areas of the Parque Simon Bolivar.

1. Museo de los niños (attraction)
  2. Maloka Centro Interactivo (attraction)
  3. Bogotá Botanical Garden (attraction)
  4. Parque Simon Bolivar (attraction)

Astrid from Canada

1. Gold Museum (attraction)
  2. SALITRE MAGICO (attraction)
  3. Mundo Aventura (attraction)
  4. Maloka Museum (attraction)
  5. Divercity (attraction)
  6. Parque Jaime Duque (attraction)
  7. Panaca Sabana (attraction)
  8. El Lago Park (attraction)

Mobile