Christian
Wrightsville Beach

Bocas del Toro, Colombia, Panama City (Panama), San Jose

Planning a multi city trip need help for a hub city and place to stay

HI, I am traveling to Bocas Del Toro, need a place by the beach that can help us get to the waves, also, planning to fly in a week early and want to get to Colombia, looks like only small airlines fly in and out. I can fly into Panama City or San Jose, Costa Rica, has anyone done this and have any good pointers? 

Hello Christian!

I recommend Hotel Las Olas. It is a three story wooden hotel on the water and located just a minute walk from town center. About what city you can choose to arrive and depart, I will highly recomend Panama City (Panama), using the Tocumen International Airport for your international flight. From here, you can take a taxi to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport where most charters are based to Bocas del Toro. Bocas del Toro is beautiful and very famous for diving and surfing. If you have time, spend some time in Panama City as well. Beautiful place! 

Hope this help!

Mitch from Kuwait City

I don't know exactly where the hot spots are for surfing, but my two favorite places to stay at Bocas del Toro are Eclypse de Mar Restaurant and La Loma Jungle Lodge.  Eclypse de Mar features over-the-water bungalows and la Loma has these awesome tree houses situated in the middle of the rain forest. There were a bit pricey (compared to other accommodations in the area) around $100-$150 a night. I would highly recommend both places, despite the pricing, as they are two of my favorite places to stay in the entire world. -Cheers

1. Eclypse de Mar Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. La Loma Jungle Lodge (hotel)