Zach

Best places to go for single travelers?

Where do you recommend that I travel for single travelers? I was either thinking a resort or somewhere I can also meet singles. 

I have been on the road for 27 years, most of the time as a single traveler and i have found that Brazil is one of the easiest places to meet people, cause the brazilians are very open and curious towards you when you are a foreign visitor. As long as you stay away from a few areas with rapant sex tourism, then you should have a really good time there.

A place like Praia da Pipa - RN for isntance is a super nice beach town with a very young bohemian vibe and full of young people from all over the world. The photos below are some I took  last year when I was in Pipa. My 16th visit to Brazil, by the way.

1. Brazil (country)
  2. Praia da Pipa - RN (attraction)

Johnny from Las Vegas

I did a cruise ... and even though it wasn't a single's cruise I was connected with other singles.  I can imagine a singles cruise would be that much better.

Cristóbal from Puerto Morelos

Try Playa del Carmen it's the most cosmopolitan city in Mexican Caribbean with single men and women from all over the world in a great environment.

Trust me, I'm an engineer... Well I'm not but you get the point. 

1. Playa del Carmen (city)

Randy from Tampa

Most of my travels over the past 20 years has been solo travel, and my recommendation is to make a list of the top five places in the world that you want to visit and go to those places.  Once you decide, start researching the area, ask people if they know anyone who's been there or lives there, look for connections on Facebook, write to the hotels/resorts and ask about activities for singles, check out meetup groups, check out the local calendar for festivals or activities, etc. - do a lot of research about where locals and travelers go to unwind.  Every city has people who are looking to connect with other people.  Almost every single traveler is open to connecting with someone on the road.  You just have to tap into where those people are going.  My experience has been that if you do the things that you enjoy, go to the place that you want to see, and do a little research, you'll learn something new, have a great time and chances are, you'll meet people who have the same interests.  Good luck!

Traverse City and Orlando, FL

Grafetti Jungle in Orlando. Great place for young 20-30. Traverse City has a lot to offer, the whole area is amazing. Go over the Bridge, Cherries, Festivals, very safe.

1. Traverse City (city)
  2. Orlando (city)

Jackie from San Francisco

I've taken three trips with a company called G Adventures. They price for single travelers (you can have your own room or share with a matched roommate). Travelers ranged in ages and all had really interesting life experiences. Some were single; some were with friends or spouses. It's been a great mix!

Chantal from Montreal

Have you ever been to Club Med in Turks and Caicos? It's for singles only. There's so much to do and it's beautiful there.

1. Club Med (attraction)
  2. Turks and Caicos (country)

Eva from New York City

That will work. Just beware - a lot of resorts really cater to couples. 

If you stay in a smaller hotel in a place like Playa del Carmen, or Tulum, you will meet a lot of people - and have lots of restaurant options and nightlife. 

1. Playa del Carmen (city)
  2. Tulum (city)

Chuck from Tampa

Visiting the big cities like New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles are great places to do things even by yourself.  The night life is also good to meet others.  I always enjoyed them when I was single.

1. New York City (city)
  2. Chicago (city)
  3. Los Angeles (city)

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Zach,

I'm not sure if you mean internationally, if so I would recommend Asian countries or India, I think it's easy to travel alone in those countries and there's a lot to do. As far as finding singles along the way, there's always bars, hotel lobbies etc, however, I don't know how easy that will be. I do know that when people stay in hostels there's usually a common area where young people like to hang out and the solo travelers will go to meet each other. If you are looking for places in the US, San Francisco constantly makes the top of the list for best cities for singles and everyone is pretty friendly so random meetings wouldn't be as difficult. 

Hope this helps!

1. India (country)
  2. San Francisco (city)

Maria from London

I am also a big lover of traveling. I mostly travel alone and I found that Brazil, Paris and London are best for Single travelers. These are the easiest places to meet people and see gorgeous places for enjoyment. I visited Paris last month before http://www.tripedition.com/East-Coast/Boston with my friends. I had spent a great time here. 

1. Brazil (country)