Amanda
Atlanta

Best gift FROM United States to give to hosts in Italy

I am looking for ideas of a gift to give to a family that we are visiting in Italy.

My husband, daughter and I met their family (husband, wife and two kids) two years ago and have kept in touch and now we will be seeing them again.  We would like to bring something to them that is clearly from America, maybe specifically from Georgia.  What is something that would be easy to pack in a carry-on (We do not check bags)?  The kids are approximately 11 and 9...any suggestion for a gift from our 9 year old to them?

Thank you,
Amanda

Matthew from Prescott

Amanda I would think in the lines of food on this one. Possibly even cooking something for them when you are over there. Maybe pick a couple key ingredients (ie. spices that can't be found in Italy) so that you can do it together. Italian culture is all about people and relationships, slowing down and enjoying each other. Cooking some Georgia specialty or even better your specialty for them or with them would be something you could truly share.

Hope this helps,

Matthew

Travelationship