Any ideas for the best food to bring on a road trip? I've got teens and vegetarians.
My favourite road trip foods are:
1. Bags of snacks eg chips (crisps), or sweets.
2. Bottles of water, or juice or fizzy. Caffeine is a must for long haul travel!
3. Fresh fruit, chopped into bite sized pieces and put into ziplock snack sized bags, with the air squeezed out. Apples may need a little lemon juice to stop going brown, or keep them whole.
4. Nuts are also good, dried fruits like cranberries and raisins.
5. Chewing gum - for when you can't stop and brush teeth.
6. I also like making sandwiches with various flavours, can add meat for the meat eaters, and more salads for the vege lovers. Tomato slices can be added just before eating, slice them and store in a container separate to the sandwiches do they don't go soggy!