Carrie
Irvine

Best cruise port

What are the best places to visit by cruise ship? Med? Caribbean? Mexico? Alaska? Or other? Do share. 

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

The answer to what cruise location is best is a highly subjective one! It depends on your interests, travel style, and who you are traveling with. If you want to know where I think is the best place to travel by large cruise ship for myself, I have a couple of ideas.

My top pick would be a cruise to the South Pacific Islands. My reason for this is that I could easily fly to any of those other places you listed and travel by land. I enjoy the sights and cities more so than actually being on the large cruise liner. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and luxurious feeling to be on a cruise, but when I travel my objectives are unique experiences and cultures.

The South Pacific is not an easy place to travel and see a lot of different places without spend a ton of money on flights. In that regard I think a cruise ship is a very good deal! I know there are cruises that travel from Hawaii or New Zealand to places like Bora BoraTahitiFijiVanutu, and New Caledonia

Another place I would consider cruising too is Antarctica, for the same practical reasons. It's not that easy to get there otherwise!

If I had to pick a place out of the destinations you have listed, I would choose Alaska. The main reason would be to experience Glacier Bay National Park, hopefully with an optional kayaking or small boat excursion. I would definitely spend time in Alaska before or after the cruise too.

Happy travels!

1. Hawaii (attraction)
  2. New Zealand (attraction)
  3. Bora Bora (island)
  4. Tahiti (island)
  5. Fiji (attraction)
  6. Vanutu (attraction)
  7. New Caledonia (country)
  8. Antarctica (attraction)
  9. Alaska (attraction)
  10. Glacier Bay National Park (park)