charlotte
Bolzano

Best scuba-diving in the world?

What's the best place for scuba-diving?

Sarah from Global Gypsy

Central America. Belize Panama and Honduras warm water, great visibility and lots of marine life (SHARKS)

1. Belize (country)
  2. Panama (country)
  3. Honduras (country)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Curacao has some AMAZING scuba diving! Some of the best sites include a sunken tug boat and "the blue room," a cave that you have to dive under rocks to get to. 

1. Curacao (country)

rich from Athens, GA

Key Largo is some of the best diving around even if does seem pedestrian to me these days.  Its warm, not so deep and there is plenty of drift diving.  

1. Key Largo (city)

Nassim

For me the best place to scuba diving is Perhentian Islands in Malaysia. Almost if It's to learn because the padi price isn't expensive

1. Perhentian Islands (attraction)

Marina from Riga, Latvia

Getting PADI in Colombia is one of the cheapest options.

1. Colombia (country)

Alex from Boston

Bonaire is essentially designed for a new diver to get a ton of dives in warm water with great viz including amazing coral and other aquatic life. Was there a few years ago, and the dozens of dive sites are marked with yellow stones along the road where you can pull up and drop down. If you are looking for more expert type diving (wrecks, caves, deep water, etc.), this may no be the place for you, but for your basic, keep it simple, ton of time underwater and see cool stuff, then this island is blessed. I was there for four days a few weeks after I was PADI certified in the US and got 13 dives under my belt in just four days including 2 wreck dives (same site) and a few dives below 100 feet. It was pretty cool. 

1. Bonaire (city)