Laraine
Dallas

Berlin

What airport should I land in? What is best?

Never been to Berlin, want to be where it is at.  What airport do most travel into?

Klaudia from London

Both are good and have good links to the centre of town. Back in the day  One airport serviced east berlin (Berlin Schönefeld Airport) and the other the west (Berlin Tegel Airport) when The Wall was still up. Since the old devide and borders are gone and much blurred, and many places like kreutzberg (east) are being seen as hip  it really makes no difference where you land In relation to the areas of interest. Get the best deal and enjoy berlin! 

1. Berlin Schönefeld Airport (attraction)
  2. Berlin Tegel Airport (attraction)

I was just there last week :)  I didn't fly directly there (road tripped from Westphalia), but I know that Berlin Tegel Airport is the main international airport and I would've flown into there had I been coming specifically from San Francisco.  

If you're looking for where to stay, Mitte (literally meaning "middle") is the most happening area.

1. Berlin Tegel Airport (attraction)
  2. Mitte (neighborhood)

Jacqui from London

It is quite easy to catch public transport from either airport- go with whichever has the best deals. Find out more about how to get around Berlin and what to do here: http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/berlin/ 

Neil from Baton Rouge

I would probably base my airport on where I could find the best deal. Look at flying into Berlin Schönefeld Airport.

Martin from Hamburg

Berlin Tegel Airport is a more "normal" airport, while most of the flights departing from Schonefeld are on low-cost airlines. In Tegel there are lounges available and fast-track security. Unfortunately Tegel is not connected to the S-Bahn-System so you have to take the bus (TXL express) or grab a taxi.

1. Berlin Tegel Airport (attraction)
  2. Schonefeld (city)