Jonathon
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Berlin

Working in Berlin as a non German speaker

I'm looking to move to Berlin but unfortunately I'm unable to speak German. Eventually I'll learn but when I first arrive I'll have no knowledge whatsoever. 

What kind of jobs could I apply for and what salary would I be on as a non German speaker?

Cheers

Ricardo from São Paulo, Brazil

Hi Jonathon, I'm brazilian living in Berlin. And I don't speak german! :) 

There are a lot of companies that works in english! And around the city is also easy to communicate in english.

:)

Bully from Merced

My best suggestion is military installations if you are British or American. I also would advise you learn Berliner German. Yes there is a difference in Berliner German and the German that they speak in the West. You can also check local job boards for companies seeking English speaking employees. I can't suggest any but there are a lot of American and British companies located in Berlin. Most Germans speak English but out of respect for them hosting you in their country they appreciate at least the attempt. Berlin is a lot like New York and the German language is the least of your worries. There are many foreigners in the city and it is not easy to tell who speaks what language.

Here's a quick for employers looking for English speaking employees. Good Luck and explore Berlin because it is beautiful city with a lot to see.

http://jobs.expatica.com/germany/home.html