Jesica
Miami

Berlin

What are the most popular neighborhoods in Berlin?

I'm planing a trip to Europe with my husband, and one of our stops will be Berlin. We would like to know what will be the best area to stay, and places to see. :)

Egle

Stay in Kreuzberg if you like youth culture and food and all that! If you have more money, I recommend Berlin Mitte if you have more money, as it tends to be more expensive. Mitte is central to Berlin though, so you can go anywhere from there. I believe the Maybachufer Turkish Market is open on Sundays and... Tuesdays(?) That was my favorite part about living in Berlin. Have some Ethiopian food and try the Turkish food as well!! It's all so cheap and delicious. I also loved the sunday flea market at Mauerpark... Actually, Prenzlauer Berg is another FABULOUS neighborhood to stay in and explore. Soooo many beautiful cafes and good restaurants. Suppe & Salat (if I spelled that right) was one of my favorite soup & salad spots. Always fresh and soooooo tasty!! Neukölln is another great neighborhood and is cheaper than the others, but it's "up and coming" so it's much more grungy... But there is just so much everywhere. You can't have a bad time in Berlin. And the usual things to see are great, like alllllll the parks are beautiful, the Berlin wall (duh). But the other points of interest are based around personal preference. Have fun!!

1. Kreuzberg (region)
  2. Berlin Mitte (attraction)
  3. Maybachufer Turkish Market (attraction)
  4. Mauerpark (attraction)
  5. Prenzlauer Berg (attraction)
  6. Suppe & Salat (restaurant)
  7. Neukölln (attraction)

Gerald from Berlin

Go to "Mitte" district (Berlin Mitte, Rosenthaler Platz) in the former East Berlin to see hip people, concept stores and cool hotels. Lots of places in walking distance such as  AlexanderplatzPergamonmuseumFriedrichstraßeBrandenburg Gate,Reichstag 

Or stay in the brand new 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin in former West Berlin which has been stuck in the 90s until lately they developed projects like  Waldorf AstoriaBikini Berlin opening in April right by the  Zoologischer Garten opposite of  Gedächtniskirche

Have Fun!

1. Berlin Mitte (attraction)
  2. Rosenthaler Platz (attraction)
  3. Alexanderplatz (attraction)
  4. Pergamonmuseum (attraction)
  5. Friedrichstraße (attraction)
  6. Brandenburg Gate (attraction)
  7. Reichstag (attraction)
  8. 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin (hotel)
  9. Waldorf Astoria (hotel)
  10. Bikini Berlin (attraction)
  11. Zoologischer Garten (attraction)
  12. Gedächtniskirche (attraction)

Jerry from United States

Go see the Reichstag, or the Parliament.  Get there early to beat the queue and it's free.  You can get to the top of the building to get a nice view of the city.  Have fun!

p/s:  A useful German word = Danke.  (pronounced Dan - ker, meaning "thank you. ;)

1. Reichstag (attraction)

Gustavo from Florianópolis

I'd say the best neighborhood to stay is Mitte, which means Downtown. The main attractions are within short distance, like the Bundestag (German Parliament), Sony Center, segments of the former Berlin wall, several museums from the Cold war and Nazi times, etc.

1. Mitte (attraction)
  2. Bundestag (attraction)
  3. Sony Center (attraction)

Sarah from San Francisco

You must go see the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp  right outside of Berlin. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g651836-d2067182-Reviews-Sachsenhausen_Concentration_Camp-Oranienburg_Brandenburg.html 

1. Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp (attraction)