Avi
Toronto

Berlin

What are the best places to eat in Berlin?

Where can I find local German food that most tourists don't know about? What are your favorite German foods?

Valerie from Seattle

Ah, sweet Berlin! I wish I had eaten out more here, but I have a few suggestions...

Breakfast/Brunch: st. Gaudy cafe... looks like it MIGHT be closed? It was great, just down the street from where I was staying in Schönhauser Allee, and they made delicious egg fry-ups fast and tasty. Also, plenty of coffee. A good striking out point for Mauerpark and exploring what's left of the Berlin Wall near there.

Lunch: If you're in the heart of Berlin, it's not a bad choice to go for something like Fraticelli Restaurant Italian Grill near Alexanderplatz. It's pretty 'standard' German food--nothing too fancy, but they have all the basic krauts and wursts.

Dinner: I loved Das Meisterstück in Mitte. It was tucked away off the main streets in a much quieter neighborhood and was such a beautiful, interesting restaurant. They had a delicious potato soup, and I loved the many different sausages they had on the menu, including a vegetarian one that my veggie friend really enjoyed!

Snacks/Late Night: I don't know if they're open late night, but the best food from street vendors is currywurst, and the best currywurst in the world arguably comes from Konnopke's Imbiss. I ate so much currywurst in Berlin, I consider myself a novice enthusiast, and theirs is absolutely my favorite. Must do. Must must must!

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!

1. st. Gaudy cafe (restaurant)
  2. Schönhauser Allee (attraction)
  3. Mauerpark (attraction)
  4. Fraticelli Restaurant Italian Grill (restaurant)
  5. Alexanderplatz (attraction)
  6. Das Meisterstück (restaurant)
  7. Mitte (neighborhood)
  8. Konnopke's Imbiss (restaurant)

Kevin from Los Angeles

One of my favorite one is the Restaurant und Bar Keyser soze (here is the link: http://www.keyser-soze.de/), you won't regret it! Local food + local beers of course ;)

1. Restaurant und Bar Keyser soze (restaurant)