Kenneth
Portland

Berlin

What are some underrated attractions in Berlin?

I will be going to Berlin for the second time in the spring. I felt like I went to some pretty touristy spots in Berlin my first time around, and I was wondering -- what are some great, lesser known attractions that are often overlooked? 

Travis from Kamloops

Hey Kenneth, Berlin is easily our favourite city in Europe, and we have been back three times. Some of our favourite places that are slightly off the beaten path are Berlin Tempelhof Airport, the Olympiastadion Berlin (especially if you can see a Hertha Berlin match there!), the Thursday Street Food Market at Markthalle Neun in Kreuzberg (where you can sample great food from around the world), a tour of the Bundestag (book ahead of time), and touring around some of the abandoned places like Teufelsberg or Beelitz Heilstätten. You could also take a daytrip to Potsdam which is a gorgeous city and a great break from the hustle and bustle of Berlin. Hopefully this gives you a few ideas!

1. Berlin (city)
  2. Berlin Tempelhof Airport (attraction)
  3. Olympiastadion Berlin (attraction)
  4. Markthalle Neun (attraction)
  5. Bundestag (attraction)
  6. Teufelsberg (attraction)
  7. Beelitz Heilstätten (attraction)
  8. Potsdam (city)

Ben from London

Not sure if it counts as overlooked, but two things I would do out of the usual are visit Spreepark Berlin and Tempelhofer Field 

Both are sensational!

1. Spreepark Berlin (attraction)
  2. Tempelhofer Field (attraction)