JR
Manhattan Beach

Berlin

Street art in Berlin?

I've heard Berlin has a lot of great street art. Where will I see a good concentration of it? Any cool spots to eat/drink while touring the art would be bonus. Thanks!!

Giuseppe from Cagliari, Italy

Berlin's street art is quite disperse. The best way to find it is taking a street art tour (http://alternativeberlin.com/). Alternatively, you can see some great pieces around the Oberbaumbrücke Bridge. Beside the East Side Gallery, you can find some art around Blücherstraße, or over the club, Watergate club.

There are not many great places to eat around but Scheers Schnitzel (crossing the street from East Side Gallery) makes very tasty Schnitzel sandwiches

1. Oberbaumbrücke (attraction)
  2. East Side Gallery (attraction)
  3. Blücherstraße (neighborhood)
  4. Watergate club (attraction)
  5. Scheers Schnitzel (restaurant)

Dan from Berlin

This tour is great fun, starting with a guide walking you around the best parts of town for street art and describing the art and artists. There is a lot of meaning in the art that I wouldn't have known about without the guide. And it's always changing- I've done it twice and saw very different things on each tour. Afterward they take you to their studio where you give it a go and make your own graffiti on canvas. 

http://www.getyourguide.com/berlin-l17/berlin-street-art-graffiti-tour-and-interactive-workshop-t11292/

Spencer from Los Angeles

I have not been, but I have some friends that have been to Berlin and couldn't stop talking about the street art there. They mentioned Raw Tempel, which evidently doubles as a nightclub during the evenings. There are also a number of underground and street art tours.