Michael
Rennes

Michael from Rennes asked

Nightlife in Berlin (stag do)

Hi all,

I am going to Berlin in may for a friend's stag do. We have a good idea on what we want to visit but we don't really know about the nightlife.

What advice would you give to us ? Are there certain locations where there are several good nightclubs, bars etc ? Do you know of any specific nightclubs that are really good ?

I have also heard a lot about the "secret" rooftop beer gardens. Does anyone know where some of these are ?

Thanks in advance !

Michael

Berlin (Germany)

Valentina from Madrid

Hello Michael :) I lived in Berlin 5 months, and I think that may is a good period to visit the city, because when spring arrives in Berlin people start to run out of houses and enjoy the city! I recommend you to visit the district of Kreuzberg, and probably now even Neukölln because the young vibes was moving from Kreuzberg to Neukölln in 2012. These are two districts full of bars, little clubs and on the weekend full full of people, and there are good on the morning too. Klunkerkranich for example is a bar, community garden, live music stage, restaurant in Neukölln. if you like Burlesque show (Berlin is really cool for vintage atmosphere, burlesque, retro style) Prinzipal Kreuzberg it's a really good place. If you like retro atmosphere I recommend you Clärchens Ballhaus, in the district of Scheunenviertel-Karree GmbH(art galleries and vintage shops), Auguststraße 24. I think on spring one of the best places to dance is Club Der Visionaere, free entrance on evening, until the night. Then the most famous and reliable clubs are the Watergate club, Berghainand Tresor Club Diskothek. I have to tell you that sometimes is really hard to enter in these clubs. Schwarze Traube is one of the most celebrated cocktail bars in Berlin, you have to have a drink there. 

if you need more advices I'm here(:

Michael
Thank you for all this information, sounds great, can't wait to be there !

1. Berlin (city)
  2. Kreuzberg (region)
  3. Neukölln (attraction)
  4. Klunkerkranich (restaurant)
  5. Prinzipal Kreuzberg (restaurant)
  6. Clärchens Ballhaus (restaurant)
  7. Scheunenviertel-Karree GmbH (attraction)
  8. Auguststraße 24 (attraction)
  9. Club Der Visionaere (attraction)
  10. Watergate club (attraction)
  11. Berghain (attraction)
  12. Tresor Club Diskothek (attraction)
  13. Schwarze Traube (restaurant)