Jessica

Jessica from Los Angeles asked

Best way to spend 48 hours in Berlin?

I'll be in Berlin for two days next week (staying near Charlottenburg). I'd love any insights on must see museum exhibitions or other favorite sites in the city. I'm also interested in recommendations on restaurants or cafes that won't break the bank :). Hoping to find local spots with a fun atmosphere.

Berlin

Christoph from Berlin

I'd recommend to see Checkpoint Charlie and the Brandenburger Tor From the top of the Victory Column you'll have a beautiful view over Berlin. I highly recommend visiting (and it only costs 4€ or something like that).

Personally, I'm not that big of a fan, of visiting every tourist attraction. I'd rather go to a nice bar, or café. If you're near Friedrichstraße during the afternoon, you could check out my favourite café Kaffeehaus Zimt & Zucker.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :-)

Jessica
Thank you for all the detail! We will check out your suggestions.

1. Checkpoint Charlie (attraction)
  2. Brandenburger Tor (attraction)
  3. Victory Column (attraction)
  4. Kaffeehaus Zimt & Zucker (restaurant)
Breanna from Los Angeles

Definitely eat at Augustiner am Gendarmenmarkt for an authentic (reasonably priced) Bavarian meal! If you're there in December, be sure to check out the Christmas Market across the street as well - order a mulled wine as soon as you get in and walk around with your wine and explore. Eat everything that you see - the best food is at the markets! That was my favorite thing to do in Berlin.