Elijah
Moscow

Bergen

Best and cheapest way to see the fjords on a budget?

Hello!

I'm going to Bergen for just 2 days as my schedule doesn't allow me to go anywhere for long. I'm going there just by myself so I'll not have a car there. But I want to see the fjords. I practically know nothing about it but definitely want to see as much as possible. My budget is going to be rather small, and I don't want to spend much money there. I want to know how would be cheaper to get to fjords by public transport or anyhow else. So I need the cheapest way to get to fjords. But I want the best view too!

daarth from Bergen

You can do all of the parts of the "Norway in a nutshell" using public transport. Take the train to Myrdal, and the scenic train from there down to Flåm. From there you can ether take a boat to Gudvangen and sail the fjord, or take the bus back to Voss. In each case you take the bus to Voss to catch the train back to Bergen

1. Myrdal (attraction)
  2. Flåm (city)
  3. Gudvangen (attraction)
  4. Voss (city)
  5. Voss (city)
  6. Bergen (city)

Steve

Check with Fjord1 for boat trips direct from Bergeninto Sognefjord. They can also arrange for a "half-Nutshell" train trip from Bergen to Flåm  and then a scenic boat ride on the Sogenfjord before returning back to Bergen by train. from Gudvangen.

1. Bergen (city)
  2. Sognefjord (attraction)
  3. Flåm (city)
  4. Gudvangen (city)

Mobile