Lucy
Studio City, California

Belize

Belize on my mind!

Hi, I would appreciate any recommendation to Ambergris Caye and we would also like to spend a few days in the jungle areas. Thank you!

Christopher from Newark (California)

Hi Lucy, I spent a year living in Belizewhen I was younger and have been back several times. Things may have changed since my last visit though. I recommend checking out caye caulker in addition to ambergris - it's off the beaten path, less touristy, and has so much charm. For jungle visits I recommend checking out cave river tours - we used Ian anderson's cave branch tours (not sure if they're still operational). Also the Mayan ruin Xunantunich and Cave Tubing - Xunantunich Tours is worth the drive for sure. The Belize zoo is amazing as you can get much closer to wildlife than zoos in the US. Hope that helps!

1. Belize (country)
  2. Xunantunich and Cave Tubing - Xunantunich Tours (attraction)

Tammy from Saint Petersburg (Florida)

I spent a week at the Sunbreeze Hotel on Ambergris Caye, Belize. It's a great location justwalk out the back door and the airport is acros the street! They have a nice pool, great view a bar and restaurant on site. The rooms were fresh and breezy. Located right on the beach is where a lot of tour to the reefs etc are at. Not far is a place for "ice cream" and you can rent bicycles there too. I was just there again in January. This is my place I always stay. Have fun!

1. Sunbreeze Hotel (hotel)
  2. Ambergris Caye, Belize (attraction)

Charles

If you like kick back jimmy buffet places Caye Caulker is your place. Safe, friendly, 35 min shuttle from Belize City, well lit, bicycle friendly, great sea food. For mayan destinations stay in Belmopan dont miss the zoo! And do go to Tikal National Park.

1. Caye Caulker (island)
  2. Belize City (city)
  3. Belmopan (city)
  4. Tikal National Park (attraction)