Jeanne
New Bern

Belize, Punta Gorda (Belize), Dangriga, Belize City

Best Time of Year for Beaches and Best Accomodations?

Looking for nice beach accommodations for 4 adults and the best time of year to visit Belize.  Budget is mid-range.  Interested in good food near by but will be renting a car if needed.  Any suggestions? 

Suzi from Seattle

The best times to visit Belize are typically from January to April; this is when the weather tends to be sunny and warm, but not excruciatingly hot. The months of May-August tend to be extremely hot and humid, and September-December are rainy seasons. 

If you're looking for a beach escape, I'd recommend either the islands of Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker, or Placencia, which is located near mainland Belize. I'd say narrow down which beach area you prefer, and then look for accommodations.

Personally, I've been to all 3 beach areas and Placencia is my absolute favorite. It's not as crowded or touristy as the more popular Ambergris Caye, and it's still very close to the Belize Barrier Reef for snorkeling and scuba diving. If you stay in Palcencia, I'd recommend going to One World. The owner, Claudia, is fabulous and the units at One World are impeccably clean and well taken care of. 

Feel free to email me with any other questions: visitbeautifulbelize at gmail.com

1. Ambergris Caye (attraction)
  2. Caye Caulker (island)
  3. Placencia (hotel)
  4. Belize Barrier Reef (city)
  5. One World (hotel)