Jeff Seneca

Los Angeles, California

5 days Belize

I have 5 days in Belize. Where should I go first and how many days for each place? I don't like ruins or tubing or zipline, but into birding, hiking, snorkeling. Definitely want to see ATM and the snorkel spots.

• Tonya Russ Price

I would spend the bulk of my time in San Pedro So plan your trip when you want to see ATM, flying in or flying out. I wouldn't even spend the night. The only reason I would spend the night if you want to see The Great Blue Hole and ATM. Then puddle jump to San Pedro. Belize City is geared towards cruise ships, it's the kind of place where you go to your resort and stay there. San Pedro is a little town, you can rent a bicycle to get around and the restaurants are delicious, it's the best food I've had in a tourist town.

Ecuadorian Ceviche Wild Mangos Breakfast of fry jacks Estel's Dine By the Sea lobster burrito Waruguma roast chicken, rice, beans El Fogon Restaurant

If you are a coffee snob, there is no good coffee in restaurants and in San Pedro there is one wine shop and it is super expensive, so if you like to drink wine, buy some in duty free when you land. Duty Free seems expensive too, but it's good to have a couple of bottles. Otherwise just plan on drinking Belikin beer.

Make sure you bring bug spray and keep it with you. NO JOKE.

One thing someone told me to do was hire someone to take us fishing, if you are going with a friend or more, it's fun to go fishing, then take it to a restaurant for dinner. Red Snapper just jump in the boat in Belize. It's bonkers.

• Jeff S.

Jeff S.

Hi Tonya, Thanks for the info...i have 2 whole days in san pedro: i will do shark alley/hol chan one day...So the next day, you think fishing? if so what kind and company? i see so many different fishing tours? · (0 likelikes)

• Tonya Russ P.

Tonya Russ P.

https://www.facebook.com/Captain-Jerry-Ack-325858867591833/ OHHH I forgot... You have to have a rum punch at Jet's in the Belize Airport!! He always gets written up for being an awesome airport bar!! · (0 likelikes)

• Jeff S.

Jeff S.

Thanks Tonya. WIll stock up on wine...Will hit the rum punch at Jets....Did you hear anything good about full day manatee or chico baclar/snorkel excursion full day or was it kind of Meh from other tourists · (0 likelikes)

• Tonya Russ P.

Tonya Russ P.

Haven't heard of those, but I can't imagine either of those sucking! I'm not sure I would want a full day of manatees, 30 mins is probably plenty. ha! · (0 likelikes)

1. San Pedro (city)
    2. The Great Blue Hole (attraction)
    3. Wild Mangos (restaurant)
    4. Estel's Dine By the Sea (restaurant)
    5. Waruguma (restaurant)
    6. El Fogon Restaurant (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tonya Russ a Thank You Note