ELie

Belgrade

vacation duration

Hi. I will be visiting Belgrade this July for 10 days. But I have heard from many that 10 days are more than you need to see this city and that I might bet bored. I need your help to know how many days will be considered enough to visit Belgrade.

Edita

Hi Elie, you would enjoy three full days in Belgrade. Three days will provide you plenty of time to explore the city, enjoy the cultural life, dining, shopping and best of all the amazing night life. Rest of your time can be used to visit Serbia and perhaps even Bosnia and Montenegro.

1. Belgrade (city)
  2. Serbia (attraction)
  3. Bosnia (attraction)
  4. Montenegro (country)

Uroš from Novi Sad

you need to get connected if you don't want to get bored: if you don't get connected w/ people 10 days can be too much anywhere you go, and you'll certanly have a chance to connect in because serbs are extra social and like foreigners, 10 days is not enough once you meet. just go with the flow, house parties are always on in Belgrade, just don't be paranoid, but if you don't plan to shop big time (go to Delta City, New Belgrade if you do or knez mihailova) or go out (ask a cab driver for popular kafanas or splavovi, if you go out alone you will get friends really, really fast) you don't need more than 12K dinars/100€ what ever you do, if you get bored anyway there's exit festival (Petrovaradin Fortress100K+ foreigners come to visit, mostly northwest europe, usa and commonwealth, ~50€/per day) in first 1/2 of july in Novi Sad north of belgrade and medival serbia (Raška, Smederevo Fortress, Niska TvrdjavaNiska Banja) wherever you go down south. if you need any help contact me, fb: đe da znam.

1. Belgrade (city)
  2. Delta City (attraction)
  3. New Belgrade (attraction)
  4. Petrovaradin Fortress (attraction)
  5. Novi Sad (city)
  6. Raška (attraction)
  7. Smederevo Fortress (attraction)
  8. Niska Tvrdjava (restaurant)
  9. Niska Banja (city)

Natalia

Hi Elie,

it really depends on what you're interested in. If you're interested in visiting just the major sights then I think 3 full days (but it would be on a tight schedule) would do. But if you're interested in taking your time to get to know Belgrade then I would suggest 5 days.

So besides the usual sightseeing, you can do some shopping, maybe go to a museum (Nikola Tesla Museum or Muzej istorije Jugoslavije - are very popular), go to local market (you can find a lot of interesting knick-knacks) and visit local restaurants.

If you don't know anyone in Belgrade I would suggest you take a tour. You'd get an insight from a local about the city and its history and generally speaking, tours in Belgrade are much cheaper compared to other European countries.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Belgrade!

1. Belgrade (city)
  2. Nikola Tesla Museum (attraction)
  3. Muzej istorije Jugoslavije (attraction)