Ida
Durham (New Hampshire)

Ida from Durham (New Hampshire) asked

Café culture in Belgrade

I’ve heard that Belgrade has an awesome café culture and I’d like to get a little taste of it when I’m there this fall. Any suggestions of places I should hit? I’d especially love suggestions for something on the water if you know of any.

Belgrade (Serbia)

Tamara from Belgrade, Serbia

I would recommend Smokvica  For the cafes by river any in Ada Ciganlija

Hope you have a nice stay

Ida
Thank you, Tamara!

1. Smokvica (restaurant)
  2. Ada Ciganlija (attraction)
Helen from Cleveland

There are "barges" floating on the river in an area they call Ada Ciganlija and each one is an independent club or restaurant.  You just walk from barge to barge until you find a vibe that you like.  Also, Knez Mihailova has a ton of out of the way cafes.  One night, we walked into a little cafe called caffe Philip and listened to a live gypsy band until 2 AM. 

1. Ada Ciganlija (attraction)
  2. Knez Mihailova (attraction)
  3. caffe Philip (attraction)
Jane from United Kingdom

There are literally hundreds of cafes on water, and restaurants and clubs, and each is charming in its own way. I would suggest just heading there and picking the ones you like. 

All depends upon your taste really, the ambient, the music - but one thing is certain - whatever rocks your boat, you will find it in Belgrade. 

Ida
Thank you, Jane!