Shub
Brussels

Belgium, Italy, France, Switzerland, Europe

Need suggestions on a European Itinerary

This is what I have planned for this summer. I live in Brussels and have visitors:

New Delhi to Brussels

Brussels (day trip to Bruges and back on the first day; local sightseeing in Brussels on the second day on the Hop-on.Hop-off bus): 2 days

Brussels to Rome (by Air): 2 days

See the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum / School of Athens. More sightseeing on the second day: See the Pantheon and the Roman Forum. 

Rome to Florence- 1 day by train

Florence to Milan (by train; day trip to Venice and back)- 2 days

Local sightseeing on the first day on Hop-on/Hop-off bus in Milan.

For Venice on day 2: Spend time in San Marco Square, and take a vaporetto ride on the Grand Canal. See San Marco Basilica

Milan to Lucerne or Zurich (by tain): 2 days

See the Lion Monument and see the old city on the first day. Day trip to Mt. Pilatus and back on the second day.

Lucerne to Paris (by train): 3 days

See the Eiffel Tower, walk along the Seine. Visit the Lourve. Any other suggestion for Paris?

Paris to Brussels (by train)

Brussels: 2 days. Just rest and any last minute shopping.

Does anyone have any suggestions to improvise this plan? That will be helpful

Anna from Athens

Wow! That's a great plan! Well for Rome since you're going to have 2 days, you can skip going inside the Colosseum and Roman Forum and just pass by. For the Vatican Museums I suggest you book tickets online so as to skip the queue (it's going to be long). Do walk by Piazza di Spagna and if you have time Villa Borghese also worth a visit (it has sculptures) and a very nice park (you can skip the Villa and just walk around). Restaurant suggestions: Sabatini in Trastevere (Viccolo Santa Maria 18), Giggetto (which serves a delicious artichoke dish), Ponte e Parione. In general around Piazza Navona you're going to find many restaurants and gelaterias (ice cream)! Oh and I almost forgot...you have to visit Fontana di Trevi...it's a must!

Florence and Venice are both beautiful and a day in each one suffices. In Florence don't miss the Cathedral and Ponte Vecchio. In Venice your plan sounds really good!

It's been years since I visited either Lucerne or Zurich so I don't have any particular suggestions!

For Paris I have a quick guide on my blog right here: http://aspectsofstyle.com/2014/03/12/a-quick-guide-to-paris/

Happy planning!

2. Colosseum (attraction)
  3. Roman Forum (attraction)
  4. Vatican Museums (attraction)
  5. Piazza di Spagna (attraction)
  6. Villa Borghese (attraction)
  7. Giggetto (restaurant)
  8. Ponte e Parione (restaurant)
  9. Piazza Navona (attraction)
  10. Fontana di Trevi (attraction)
  13. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)