Alex
Santa Barbara

Belgium

Best Cities to Visit in Belgium?

Hi! A couple friends and I are briefly visiting Belgium in July. I was wondering which two cities you would most recommend to a group of girls in their 20's? It's most likely between Bruges, Brussels, and Antwerp.

Kemkem from Malaga

you should do Brussels and Ghent. As said by Hannah, Ghent is a hidden gem. There is also the University of Ghent, so you get that college, youngish vibe. I just posted a link to a blog post l did on Ghent on the question right before yours, so you can check it out with images. Have fun!!!

1. Brussels (city)
  2. Ghent (city)
  3. University of Ghent (attraction)

Monique from California

Definitely Bruges!

1. Bruges (city)

Yoav from Belgium

For me, it's Brussels

I would recommend you places to visit such Grand Place or the Atomium. Don't forget to try the real Belgian Fries (don't talk about French fries!) and Belgian Waffles because they are the best in the world!

1. Brussels (city)

Hannah from Newton, Massachusetts

Ghent! More alive than Bruges, but also well preserved. It even has a medieval castle in the middle of it. It's  a real 'Hipster' city. And a really international club scene, with good food and nice shopping.

I live here, so I should know :-)

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/belgium/flanders/ghent

1. Ghent (city)
  2. Bruges (city)

Goofie from Belgium

You should go to Ghent: a hidden gem! Bruges is beautiful but way too much tourists.