Neil
Baton Rouge

Neil from Baton Rouge asked

Beijing Must-Dos?

Looking for cool, unique things to do in Beijing. This is my first time to China and I really want to get off the beaten path and explore the city. I love art, nature, food, etc..

Beijing   China

Jessica (China Barbie) from United States

I actually just wrote an article on my Blog about fun things to do in Beijing! It has the must-see places like The Great Wall Of China, and The Forbidden City, but I added a couple other fun things to it too! I lived in Xi'an, China in my early twenties, and I got to go to Beijing for my 22nd Birthday, so I have lots of pictures that I took there! Hope this helps! (:

http://www.mypeacelovelife.com/blog/my-top-ten-places-to-travel-pt-7-beijing-china

1. Great Wall Of China (city)
  2. Forbidden City (attraction)
Eva from Hong Kong

Enjoy the rock&roll live house in Beijing, like Mao Live House

1. Mao Live House (restaurant)
Carolann from Around The World

Beijing has so many things to see and it may seem like many are tourist attractions but they are definitely worth seeing!  There are also lots of places, off the beaten path, to wander and explore on your own

When we were in Beijing, we hit up a few tourist places but also wandered into the Black (or Purple depending on who you talk to) Purple Bamboo Garden Zizhuyuan Park - a really large and lovely place to stroll through. We wrote about it on our site - http://onemoderncouple.com/black-bamboo-park/ - along with more of our experiences in Beijing (Great Wall, Zoo, Wangfujing St, Night MarketTemple of Heaven, etc).

We also wrote 10 things to know about Beijing before you go... it could be a helpful read when prepping for China for the first time: http://onemoderncouple.com/10-things-beijing/ 

Have a great time!

Carolann
Oh! And if you have any other questions - feel free to ask us - we'll try and answer as best we can!

1. Beijing (city)
  2. Purple Bamboo Garden Zizhuyuan Park (attraction)
  3. Zoo (attraction)
  4. Wangfujing St (attraction)
huang from Beijing China

1. Forbidden City (attraction)
  2. Great Wall Of China (city)
  3. Summer Palace (attraction)
Lisa from Stuttgart

The area surrounding 天安门广场 Tian'anmen Square is fun to walk around and I enjoyed walking the streets and alleys and markets.  The Summer Palace is beautiful as it has a huge lake and lots of places to walk, hear music, take a boat ride or just walk the grounds.  Recommend going in spring or fall when the weather is nice.