Allison
Washington, DC

Baton Rouge

Must Eats in Baton Rouge?

I'm traveling to Baton Rouge in March and am curious as to what foods and where I should eat!?

Spencer from Baton Rouge

Depends on what you're looking - Parrain's Seafood Restaurant was great for their seafood...I preferred Zippy's Burrito's Tacos for their burritos (right in front of Parrains).  Lived there 18 months but now am in NC.

Also - Sammy's Grill is the best for crawfish plate...multiple pound offerings. You'll be there in season...was just down the road from where I lived. Can you handle a mud bug?

1. Parrain's Seafood Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Zippy's Burrito's Tacos (restaurant)
  3. Sammy's Grill (restaurant)

Ann E from Baton Rouge

Chelsea's Cafe under the Perkins overpass is delicious and pretty unique cuisine plus it is packed with good vibes as well. 

The Chimes is like an institution here. It is typical Louisiana bar food but delicious and a good place to go to get a feel for BR. 

Jolie Pearl Oyster Bar downtown is my new favorite oyster place in town. If you are craving oysters march will be the last good month for them for a while so I highly suggest it if you're into that. 

Hope this helps!

1. Chelsea's Cafe (attraction)
  2. The Chimes (restaurant)
  3. Jolie Pearl Oyster Bar (restaurant)