Justin
Milan

Basel

best places in basel for one weekend?

my girlfriend and I are going to basel for one weekend in december.

we're already planning on going to the barfüsserplatz and münsterplatz christmas market, but are trying to figure out what else to do for food, shopping, museums, landmarks.

we're on a budget, but we're pretty flexible.

Jenna from Oakville, Ontario

Oh I have so much to say and share about Basel!

To make it easier on you and so you can browse through what is really of interest to you, check out a bunch of my Basel blog posts: http://giveforgranted.com/?s=Basel

My key reccomendation: Definitely get the city pass if you are there for the weekend. Another cute and charming place to visit is the PapierMuhle, they show you how to make handmade paper from old jeans and shirts. 

YOU CANNOT MISS THE Johann Wanner Weihnachtshaus shop - one of the most famous Christmas shops in the world. The owner of this store decorates the White House and a ton of other world famous places! 

Best, 

Jenna 

1. Basel (city)
  2. Johann Wanner Weihnachtshaus (attraction)

Emily from Ann Arbor

Check out the Caricature & Cartoon Museum Basel! It's a really interesting, unique museum that explores cartoon and caricature artists and their work. And it's not just all cartoons--some of them have done really interesting stuff in terms of graphics so if you like that kind of thing you'll love this place. The Museum der Kulturen is another really interesting place--it's kind of a museum of sociology for lack of a better way to say it and it puts on totally one-of-a-kind exhibits. 

1. Caricature & Cartoon Museum Basel (attraction)
  2. Museum der Kulturen (attraction)