Eshan
Bangalore

Barcelona

places to cover in 2 days

Hi, I'm travelling to Barcelona from Paris alone during march last weekend. I have 2 days and 1 night to spend in Barcelona and then return to Paris. can you suggest how can I cover the places to see in 2 days. I understand 2 days is a short period and I wont be able to see all.

can you also advice how is the overnight train travel from Paris to Barcelona and return?

Georgia from Long Island (New York)

I agree the hop on/off bus is the best way to see the most and easiest way to get to those that interest you. The most interesting place is the sagrada Familia - but timed tickets go quickly so it's a good idea to purchase online ahead of time if you can. Other than that your interests and the season should be your guide. We spent a beautiful sunny afternoon having a simple lunch by the beach - not unique to barca but memorable. Definitely spend some time wandering thru old town and go to the market for lunch.

Michelle Rôças from Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro

Hey! Two days in Barcelona is perfect to cover using the hop on/hop off touristic bus. You can complete the whole tour, just to know the area and decide your own plan. Using the bus is cheaper and faster, as you won´t spend precious time trying to figure out how to use the subway or any other public transportation. Have fun, Barcelona is great!

Vlad from Chisinau, Moldova

In 2 days you can manage to see the whole city from the tourist bus and you can stop by at any point of interest that might interest you. You can go through Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona and see there building in art deco style and the famous buildings of Gaudi: La Pedrera and Casa Batlló. In march the sea will be quite cold, thus I don't recommend going for a dip. They have a famous zoo in Barcelona that is not far from the seaside.

Besides the things you can see outside, there are many attractions inside buildings like museums and churches. It all depends on what you are more interested in.

Let's not forget about the food scene that is in Barcelona and the local bars.

1. Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona (attraction)
  2. La Pedrera (attraction)
  3. Casa Batlló (attraction)

Jahn from Barcelona

Get a view from @montjuic, a tapa from @ciudadcondal and a morning run @platjamarbella. A complete picture to be found in my free three day guide: www.bcnbylocals.com