Eshan
Bangalore

Barcelona

a day trip from Barcelona

Hello!

I'm traveling to Barcelona alone for four days end of April. I have already planned my itinerary for the trip. All I need now is suggestion and details for a day trip  from Barcelona to any nearby place. I have looked into a couple of group tours from Barcelona, but it doesn't work out due to availability or budget.

could you please advise me and share details (cost, commute, timings) for a day trip from Barcelona?

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Eshan,

get some inspiration from my free 3-day-trip pdf over at #BCN - by locals.

In my book I mention three nice day trip suggestions...

Sitges for the beach action (10 € for the return ticket, cost for bars and food is comparable to Barcelona)

Montserrat for the mountain + monastery experience (25 € for the return ticket (including the cable car), take your own food, as the stuff up there is overpriced and not as tasty

Figueres for the Dali Museum. This is a long trip and is only worth it if you love Dali and want to see his museum (book a bus and the museum ticket upfront to be sure that you can make it! should be around 45 € all in).

Have a great time in Barcelona cheerz, Jahn

1. Sitges (city)
  2. Montserrat (attraction)
  3. Figueres (city)
  4. Barcelona (city)

Donna from Winnipeg

Girona is an interesting medieval town and the Dali Theatre-Museum in Figueres is interesting if you are an art lover. You can find guided day tours which cover both places, but you can easily take the train on your own. I've written about both of these places http://www.destinationsdetoursdreams.com/2015/06/walking-through-history-in-girona/ and http://www.destinationsdetoursdreams.com/2013/10/surrealism-oddities-and-beauty-at-dali/.

Lifetime

Hi Eshan! as a day trip, I'd recommend you Montserrat and it's Monestir de Montserrat.

Or my favorite is Girona(like 1:30h by train from BCN-Sants) with Cathedral of Gironaand it's surroundings. The jewish town. Jardins de la DevesaRiu Onyar.

1. Montserrat (attraction)
  2. Monestir de Montserrat (attraction)
  3. Girona (city)
  4. Cathedral of Girona (attraction)
  5. Jardins de la Devesa (attraction)
  6. Riu Onyar (attraction)