Liane
Indiana

Barcelona, Paris

Transportation from Paris to Barcelona

Looking at options for transportation between Paris and Barcelona. Is the TGV a option you would recommend?

Emily from Los Angeles

It's true flights are faster and you can find cheap fares, but I 100% prefer the train. 

For one thing you don't have to worry about getting to and from the airport, which can be expensive and time consuming. There's bound to be a train station somewhat near where you are staying, and besides, going to the train station is fun! I love when they have those flipping cards changing the destinations board. Maybe I'm easily amused, but I like it. 

For another thing you can get up and move around on the train. I find it much more comfortable because you aren't totally confined to your tiny chair. 

Finally, it's much more environmentally friendly to take the train. Your carbon footprint will be so much smaller! 

If you can't already tell - I'm a train person all the way!

Matthew from Prescott

TVG is a good service and if booked a little in advance you can make the 6.5 hour journey for about $60 Euros. Unless you really want to watch the countryside whiz by though you can fly it in under 2 hours for about $55 USD. Just check Skyscanner for deals.

Thank you,

Travelationship

Flo from Cologne

I can recommend the night train going from Paris to the Spanish Border and the city Portbou. From there you can take a local train to Barcelona. If you have some time, stop in Figueres and Visit the Dali Museum!

2. Portbou (city)
  3. Barcelona (city)
  4. Figueres (city)

Sanouk

Hello,

There is a better way if you use Easyjet. If you reserve early, you get a cheaper price. The train is too long, it's good if you want to visit many places on the way.

Take care

Fly. Use the aerobus for transport to Barcelona City Centre. Very inexpensive and safe.

1. Barcelona City Centre (hotel)