Lulu
Amsterdam

Barcelona

The best way to travel in Barcelona

What is the best way to travel and experience the local culture and life styles in Barcelona within 4 days?

Pamela from Los Gatos

I personally prefer walking to get the real flavor of a city. There is plenty to do here, so you need to decide what you want to see. The Gaudi buildings are a must! The most famous...Sagrada Família, La Pedrera, Parc Güell, and Casa Batlló. If Gaudi isn't your thing, make sure you see at least a couple of these. My recommendation is to book everything online beforehand to be sure you don't have to waste your precious time standing on lines. The food is spectacular! If you have time, definitely book reservations at Tickets, Ferran Adria's restaurant. Adria was the chef at El Bulli, considered by many to be the best restaurant in the world. Tickets is actually reasonably priced. However, they don't take any walk-ins...only reservations. And the seats become available two months (I think, if I remember correctly) ahead of the date you want to go. The seats become available at midnight (Barcelona time) and book very quickly...I figured out the time difference and set the alarm on my phone so I booked them at 12:01 as soon as they were available and on the day I wanted. One of the best meals of my life. For a real treat, try Aire de Barcelona...Arabic Baths & Spa...amazing! I did the baths and a treatment...very romantic if you are there with someone special. Of course, walk along the promenade of Barceloneta and order some paella.

1. Sagrada Família (neighborhood)
  2. La Pedrera (attraction)
  3. Parc Güell (attraction)
  4. Casa Batlló (attraction)
  5. Tickets (restaurant)
  6. Aire de Barcelona (attraction)
  7. Barceloneta (attraction)

Yolanda from Riga, Latvia

Hi Lulu,

The city is very compact so it takes fast to move around the city. metro is the most comfortable way, taxi with very reasonable tariffs and if you like to walk you will find that pretty much everything is walkable distance. 

I recommend taking touristic bus for the first day to get the general view of the city as this is your first time here.

Further as a must do you could see Gaudi s architecture- La Pedrera, Sagrada Família, Parc Güell, Casa Batlló

Have a good trip!

1. La Pedrera (attraction)
  2. Sagrada Família (attraction)
  3. Parc Güell (attraction)
  4. Casa Batlló (attraction)

Hugo from Barcelona, Spain

Hi Lulu , if you are interested and like the food and the different tours i'm sure you know Foodie Tours in Barcelona (http://barcelonafoodtour.com/). You can find some very different activities and starring the best and the local cuisine ; )

1. Barcelona (city)

Definitely on foot! The train isn't bad either but it's not the most efficient train system I've used, it was good to get to Parc Guell which is somewhat further away from the "core"

Laura from Buenos Aires

Walk or rent a bike and get lost in the city, it's realy beautiful

Jennifer from Austin (Texas)

Rent a bike!