Anna-Fee
Freiburg im Breisgau

Barcelona

Port Vell, Barcelona

Hey, I'm thinking about booking a two-week stay in Barcelona in summer in an area next to Port Vell. Does anyone know if that's a nice area to stay in? I want explore the city and also have some nice days at the beach. Apparently, Port Vell is close to the most touristy beach in Barcelona which is not exactly what I'm looking for. Are there any calmer beaches close to Port Vell or should I stay in another area if I'm not into partying and lying on the beach with thousands people? Thanks for your help. 

Shahnawaz from New Delhi

Hi Anna,

You could try chic&basic Born hotel, Carrer de la Princesa, Barcelona.

Its around 3 km away from Marina Port Vell. and very nice accommodation.

If you are looking for somewhere a little quieter then head to the beaches of  Mar Bella Beach and Nova Mar Bella further to the East. Although still busy in the summer, you can also enjoy the grassland in the park just up from the beach which has plenty of space for picnics and a children's playground at the bottom of the  Rambla del Poblenou.

Cheers

Shahnawaz

1. chic&basic Born (hotel)
  2. Marina Port Vell (attraction)
  3. Mar Bella Beach (attraction)
  4. Nova Mar Bella (attraction)
  5. Rambla del Poblenou (attraction)

Àngel from Barcelona

Hi! for nice beaches, better take the train in the center ( Plaça de Catalunya) to any other beach. Per example Sitges, Castelldefels, Ocata, Montgat, Pineda de Mar, Sant Pol de Mar... Any of these is better than Barcelona and it'll take 15-20 minutes, 30 max. Enjoy!

1. Plaça de Catalunya (attraction)
  2. Sitges (city)
  3. Castelldefels (city)
  4. Ocata (attraction)
  5. Montgat (attraction)
  6. Pineda de Mar (city)
  7. Sant Pol de Mar (city)
  8. Barcelona (city)

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Anna

you really need to read my tapas guide...

Well, anything else. I suggest either staying in Sitges and commuting to Barcelona for the sightseeing or depending on your Budget, get any accommodation in Gràcia (close to here Google Maps Link).

It is more laid back up there in the "barrio" and perfect for chillin on tha squares... 

Enjoy your stay and if you have more questions, tweet me

1. Sitges (city)
  2. Gràcia (attraction)