Igor
Roermond

Igor from Roermond asked

Modern and young 'local' hangouts in Barcelona

My wife and I always like to find and hangout at places locals go in big city's. What are the modern and hip area's young people go-to in Barcelona to shop, eat and drink some. We are planning to stay 4 days.

Barcelona

Carol from Bahrain

When I visited Barcelona I loved El Born area , there are many restaurants and pubs in that area . Loved the small streets in which you can discover great places to eat. One of my favorite was Le Cucine Mandarosso, it is a cute small Italian restaurant and they had a good lunch deal. 

1. El Born (metro area)
  2. Le Cucine Mandarosso (restaurant)
Jack from Atlanta

There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the Gothic Quarter. Be sure to checkout La Boqueria market on Las Ramblas. It is filled with fresh produce, cured goodies, and food stands. 

1. Gothic Quarter (attraction)
  2. La Boqueria (attraction)
Jahn from Barcelona

I would suggest to go to Gracia. A lot of amazing little shops, squares to hang out and really get into the vibe. There are some beautiful places down in Rambla del Poblenou, too. I personally love Caffè Blu --> ggl maps link

If you need more tips and a free Tapa Guide from a local, head over to #BCN - by locals and download the free guide. If you love that, there is even more in the book...

1. Gracia (neighborhood)
  2. Rambla del Poblenou (attraction)
  3. Caffè Blu (restaurant)
Jim from Wolverhampton

Suggest you try the Gracia area which it at the top (furthest from the seafront) of Passeig de Gràcia. Full of little streets, bars, clubs and squares where you can eat and drink. Definitely worth a visit and there are great places on the way. Probably about 20 mins walk from Ramblas of get the metro. 

1. Gracia (neighborhood)
  2. Passeig de Gràcia (attraction)
  3. Ramblas (attraction)