Jason
Cleveland

Barcelona

Is the Tickets Bar restaurant in Barcelona worth the splurge?

Has anyone ever been to the Tickets Bar restaurants in Barcelona? $150 is a lot to spend on a plate and I'm wondering if it's worth the splurge. 

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Jason,

if you have never been to the back then best Restaurant in the world (elBulli at the Costa Brava closed some years ago), the Tickets is the closest you can get to the dishes that where served there...

Anyways, if you truelly want to experience Barcelona, go to Celler Cal Marino on Saturday or Sunday mornings, and have a Vermut accompanied with some tapas. That is the real life ;-)

Want more hints, check my free weekend guide.

Cal Marino:

1. Tickets (restaurant)
  2. Celler Cal Marino (attraction)

Andrea from Madrid

Hi Jason,

I've been in Barcelona so many times that I've lost count. The Ticketsare one of the most fancy restaurant in Spain. I'd say that 150€ are worthy.

However, Barcelona have really good restaurants, you can eat in the street or at a typical bar. It's gastronomy is fantastic and everything you eat is local, what I mean is that you can eat really well for less.

If you want an advice, I'd would add that you have to avoid all this places with photos of giant paellas and full of tourist, they don't really represent Barcelona gastronomy. So when you go just look for places full of spaniards haha.

Enjoy your travel, and I hope you found this useful :)

1. Tickets (restaurant)

Francisco from Barcelona

Tickets is a Ferran Adria project. Ferran Adria and his restaurant El Bullidor was considered one of the best restaurants in the world. This is his new project.

1. Tickets (restaurant)
  2. El Bullidor (restaurant)

Krista from San Francisco

Hey Jason,

I had heard about Tickets Bar as well (just went to Barcelona for the first time in April), but my roommate who used to live in the city advised against it. Instead, we went to Restaurante Boca Grande and Boca Chica. While we spent just as much, the ambiance and experience were amazing!

Is it your first time to Barcelona? I put together some 'learnings' (ha) here, if you need some additional first-timer advice! 

Have an awesome trip,

Krista :)

1. Restaurante Boca Grande (restaurant)
  2. Boca Chica (attraction)